Precision Timing Module as redundant, high-accuracy holdover clocking source
The NAMC-PTM is a redundant, high-accuracy holdover clocking source. It features a Voltage Controlled Oven Compensated Crystal Oscillator (VCOCXO) as well as a Voltage Controlled Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (VCTCXO), several sensors for controlling/compensating tasks, and various customization options.
Main purpose of the NAMC-PTM is the detection of clocks or pulses from an external (GPS) or chassis-internal source (NAT-MCH), rating of the quality of these signals, and offering a high-accurate clock source to the µTCA-System and/or towards the front plate.
The clock system is capable to lock to various incoming references, generate a wide range of possible output clocks and provides and extremely accurate holdover functionality based on the compensated local oscillator.
Various sensor data is used to compensate frequency variations of the local oscillator caused by mechanical vibration, temperature, and supply voltage changes.
The NAMC-PTM can be operated in a standard AMC-slot in nearly any MTCA-chassis. If the customer’s demands require the full payload board capacity of an MTCA-system, the NAMC-PTM can be operated in designated PTM-slots of a specialized and modified MTCA-chassis.
- AMC form factor, single full-size
- Atmel/Microchip SAMV71 ARM F7
- 32MB DRAM (16bit wide)
- 64MB SPI NOR FLASH
- MicroSD-Card socket
- I²C EEPROM
- Atmel ATXmega128 as IPMI-Controller
- Acceleration Sensor: MEMS KX126-1063
- Current-/Power Sensor: 2x INA 226
- Voltage Sensor: INA3221
- Temperature Sensor: TMP100
- PLL: AD9545
- Voltage Controlled Oven Compensated Crystal Oscillator: VCOCXO OX-171
- Voltage Controlled Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator: VCTCXO M725
- DAC: DAC8560
Backplane Interconnect (depending on operation mode)
- Regular AMC power pinout
- Regular AMC IPMI pinout
- Regular Backplane GbE via Port 0 / 1 (AMC operation mode only)
- Backplane clock I/O via regular TCLKA-D
|Precision Timing Module for processor or FPGA modules in an MicroTCA system
Solutions / Applications
Any MTCA application with superior demands on clocking abilities