Fast Timing System interface extension in RTM form factor
As an extension board of the NAMC-psTimer Fast Timing System, the NAMC-psTimer-RTM extends the number of output triggers and clock signals. Main functionality of this combination is concentrated on the AMC.
Signal split stages are used to create multiple instances of each signal to allow them to be distributed via different ways. Delay lines are used to create delayed versions of the signals.
Triggers, clocks, and data coming from the Zone3 connector of the NAMC-psTimer are routed to 9 Lemo connectors at the Rear Plate of the NAMC-psTimer-RTM-C (with C = copper), with three of nine channels offering a 5ps resolution.
By use of an I/O-Expander, the RTM can be detected and managed by the MMC of its corresponding AMC.
The NAMC-psTimer-RTM features a Zone2 connector for interaction with an optional LLRF-Backplane.
- RTM form factor, double mid-size
- Signal delaying and splitting for distribution via different ways
- 3x RJ45 at Rear Panel for differential signal distribution
- 9x Lemo connectors at Rear Panel for single-ended signal distribution
- 3 channels with 5ps solution
- Interface to LLRF-Backplane via Zone2 connector
- Managed by corresponding NAMC-psTimer AMC
|-C||double mid-size μRTM for NAMC-psTimer, providing up to 9 Lemo Outputs (50 Ohm) providing additional triggers, clocks, data (3 channels with 5ps resolution)|
Solutions / Applications
- Large Timing system installations
- Other application with high demands on precision, pico-second stable timing