1U MTCA.0 Chassis with embedded NAT-eMCH for up to 2 AMCs
The NATIVE-mini is an embedded 1U MTCA.0 chassis with payload slots for up to 2 AMCs. Moreover, the chassis owns an embedded MCH, the so-called NAT-eMCH, as well as a built-in power supply and Cooling Unit.
The NATIVE-mini owns an embedded management and switching entity, the NAT-eMCH. It enables communication between AMC modules and monitoring of the system, including power and cooling management.
Via its 1GbE switch, the NAT-eMCH provides direct access to both AMCs and the system management via the 1GbE Uplink at the chassis front. The 1GbE switch also allows direct integration of system components in an existing network infrastructure.
In addition to that, the NAT-eMCH monitors and verifies local sensor data of the chassis and installed FRU devices. Furthermore, it supplies MTCA power and cooling concepts by accessing the chassis integrated power supply and fan coolers. The Command Line Interface served by the front USB port gives remote access for administration.
The NATIVE-mini’s main targets are cost-sensitive applications which only demand one or two AMCs.
Due to its handy dimensions and the embedded infrastucture, it is also a good choice for testing and development, or operations within limited working space.
Alternatively, the chassis is stackable or mountable in a 19’’ rack.
- 1U chassis – 260mm x 43mm x 302mm (W x H x D)
- All slots arranged horizontally
- Embedded NAT-eMCH
- Embedded 150W Power Module
- 2 single full-size AMCs or 1 double full-size AMC
- stackable or mountable in 19’’ racks
- 1GbE switch for Fabric A
- 1GbE-Uplink at front panel
- local point-to-point connections at AMC ports 2-20 and TCLKA-D
- management and fault isolation for built-in power supply, fans, and AMCs
- FreeRTOS 7.3.0
- Life-long free firmware update service
- NATview-EASY included – compatible with V3.0 or higher only!
- Configuration via web interface
- Integrated 150W AC Open Frame power supply (auto-range 100-240 VAC)
- Power management on backplane
- Simply replaceable
- Integrated cooling units including air filter
- Cooling power of 150W @ +55°C operating temperature
- Fanspeed-controlled fans, controlled by temperature sensors and managed by NAT-eMCH
- Supports side-to-side cooling
- Simply replaceable
|–||1U compact chassis for two single full-size or mid-size AMC modules; local point-to-point connections (AMC ports 2-20 and TCLKA-D); integrated “embedded” MCH (eMCH)
including EU power cord
Solutions / Applications
The NATIVE-mini aims for applications which are cost-sensitive and get along with only few AMCs, but on the other hand want to profit from the proven technological benefits that are offered by µTCA (e.g. error detection and isolation, open system management and monitoring, etc.).
Due to the fact that the chassis is stackable or mountable in a 19’’ rack, the NATIVE-mini is multi-purpose and usable, e.g. for digital video and image editing, automation and machine control, electronic signal processing, security, and gateway.