COMex Carrier board in double-width AMC form factor
The NAT-AMC-COMex is an COMExpress (COMex) carrier board in double full-size AMC form factor. As the name implies, a COMExpress module is a Computer-on-Module, which means, it concentrates the core functionality of an x86 processing system on one single PCB. This includes CPU and memory functionality, graphics, and the most common interfaces. For storage demands, the carrier owns a M.2 PCIe x4 interface, which offers various options to connect an SSD, FLASH memory, etc.
Different types of COMExpress modules have been designed for different applications. Thus, the choice of the type determines the application field of the NAT-AMC-COMex. So the carrier board can work as a general purpose processor AMC (PrAMC), storage, or graphics solution if combined with the appropriate COMExpress module.
NAT has valiated a number of COMExpress modules Type 6 or Type 7 suitable for installation on the NAT-AMC-COMex. Additionally, several CPU types are available e.g., Celeron® G-4932E, Core i3® 9100HL, or Xeon® E3 E-2276ML (others on request). This variety of combinations offers a wide range of setups from well-priced to high-performing configurations.
Main differences between COMExpress Type 6 and Type 7:
COMExpress Type 6:
- High-resolution graphical interface via a DDI Display Port at the front panel
- Additional 4x USB 2.0
- Limited Ethernet signal speed: 1G via SFP at the front panel and on AMC Port 0/1 towards the backplane
COMExpress Type 7:
- 10G Ethernet via SFP at the front panel and AMC Port 0/1 towards the backplane. In this combination, the NAT-AMC-COMex is the perfect choice for applications which demand interworking of PCIe Gen3 and 10G Ethernet
- No graphical interface towards the front panel
Due to the powerful processing resource of the COMExpress module, the NAT-AMC-COMex functions well as general purpose PrAMC for NATvision. NATvision is NAT’s complete environment for the development and deployment of sophisticated image and high performance video processing applications.
- AMC form factor, double full-size
Onboard Resources NAT-AMC-COMex Carrier Board
- Atmel Microchip ATxmega128
- Intel Ether Controller i350
- M.2 PCIe x4 interface
- Standard AMC LEDs (Status, Fault, Hot-Swap)
Onboard Resources COMex Type 6
Front Panel Connectors
Onboard Resources COMex Type 7
Front Panel Connectors
Solutions / Applications