Single-width AMC passive extender
The NAMC-EXT is a passive extender card for standard AMCs with single-width and up to double height. It gives access to AMC modules from both sides in a running system.
All fabric connections as specified by the AMC.x and the MTCA specifications are supported and connected through from the MTCA backplane to the front of the NAMC-EXT. Test points for AMC and JTAG signals are marked on the PCB. Moreover, the extender allows access to the respective power planes for voltage and current measurements.
As an assembly option, the board can be equipped with an on-board +3.3V power supply for generating +3.3V Management Power from +12V Payload Power, so the module under test can be operated with an external +12V power supply only (NAMC-EXT-PS).
- Easy signal access to the front and rear side of an AMC module from outside the chassis
- Voltage and current measurement of Management and Payload Power
- Test points for soldering additional cables to measure all AMC signals
- Test points for JTAG interface
- NAMC-EXT-PS: additional 3.3V on-board power supply allows standalone mode of an AMC module (only 12V required)
NAMC-EXT – [Option]
|–||non-intelligent AMC extender, break out for management and payload power, test pads for backplane signals and JTAG|
additional on-board 3.3V power supply for stand-alone operation
Solutions / Applications
AMC testing and development in standalone mode or in combination with an MTCA chassis