Specialized Clocking Module for physics applications
The NAT-MCH-CLK-PHYS is particularly designed for physics applications with very low jitter CLK1/CLK2 and fixed 100MHz PCIe clock. The development of this module was driven by the demand of physics groups requiring very low jitter and constant latency. These features are realized by using a special Clock Multiplexer developed in cooperation with IDT (Integrated Device Technology Inc.).
The front panel SMA connectors can be used to provide the internal clock to external devices or vice versa.
- CLK1 connections for all 12 AMC multiplexed by one device
- CLK2 connections for all 12 AMC multiplexed by one device
- Support of update CLK1 and CLK3 for a second NAT-MCH in a redundant system
- Two front panel reference clock I/O
- Two direct multiplexer interconnections
- Fixed low jitter reference clock
- Clock signals can be distributed over all backplane
- PCIe compliant clock signal can be distributed via CLK3 to all 12 AMCs
NAT-MCH – [Option]
|-CLK-PHYS||Physics Clock Module providing special clock functionality (CLK1-2) dedicated to Physics applications and a PCIe spread spectrum or 100MHz fixed mean clock at CLK3 (HCSL) to all AMCs.
CLK2 of one of the 12 AMC modules or the front panel clock input can be selected as reference clock input for CLK1.
Solutions / Applications
- High energy physics research
- Energy industry
- Industrial automation
- Civil aviation
- Research & development